Today there was a problem with the speakers in our ward so people picked their favorite hymns to sing. When we sing at church, I generally hold N. on my lap and whisper the words so he can sing a long. It helps a little to keep him reverent. One young lady picked "Called to Serve". N. was sitting on E.'s lap. E. started to whisper the words to him when N. yelled in frustration "Dad!, I know the words!" E. and I just looked at each other and started quietly giggling.
In the same meeting I looked at H. who was not singing but writing a list of "To Do's" for the week. I couldn't believe it.
Sunday - Church, Nap
Tuesday - School
Wednesday - School
Thursday- Play, play, play, play
Friday - Play, play, play, play
What is so funny about it, is that is the very same thing I do every week during the quiet time in Sacrament meeting. I make lists, of things to do, things I need to change, things I would like to do. If only my lists were this simple. It is so weird how a child will reflect back to you the habits you don't even take time to notice.
No comments:
Post a Comment