2 months ago L. went to the use "my" car and the battery was dead. It cost $250.00 to repair. Then about 1 month ago L. was out late one night and the car wouldn't shift. It cost about $350.00 to repair. Monday I had to get a tire replaced because a screw was stuck in it, the mechanic discovered a couple of other items that needed repaired. It cost $323.00. Then yesterday on my way home from work the "Service Engine Light" came on. I distrust car repair shops and always feel I'm getting ripped off. In fact my first thought was "those mechanics probably did something". Paranoid, I know. While driving to breakfast this morning, I noticed the light was no longer on. When I asked E. about it, he told me that it comes on when the gas cap is not screwed on tight enough. That was the first thing he checked. It cost NIL to repair. I felt so good about that, I didn't even mind when E. told the kids they could each have a piece of pie for breakfast.
2 comments:
Some of the best advice someone ever gave me was find a mechanic that you trust...not a dealership mechanic. It will save you thousands over the life of your car. Glad E. checked the gas cap!
Why didn't I ever get pie for breakfast? The Old Man is gettin' soft!
Post a Comment