Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rita's Famous Enchiladas


Today E. called me at work to let me know that L. would be cooking dinner which would take some stress off of me for this evening. I don't remember L. ever cooking a meal in the entire time I have known her unless it was to heat up nacho sauce or make Mrs. Grass's Chicken Noodle Soup. So when he told me she was making Rita's enchilada's I thought that was a very bold step.

  • First, Tuesday is taco night so she was breaking with tradition.

  • Second, enchiladas is E.'s signature dish. It is a standard in our home and it simply melts in your mouth. I would choose it as my last meal.

  • Third, we were having company, sure it was the missionaries and they'll eat anything, but still company.

  • Fourth, Rita's recipe has mashed potatoes in it which is why we never really jumped at the chance to give the recipe a try.
That being said, we decided Rita's Famous Enchiladas for dinner would be fine. When L. called E. to find out how to make mashed potatoes without a microwave since ours is broken, we started to worry a little. When the missionaries arrived and the food was set on the table piping hot -it looked terrific! It tasted good as well. Honestly it took about 3 bites to get over the mashed potatoes and enjoy the flavor. So L. did a great job. So perhaps L. should cook every Thursday? If you cook you do the dishes right?

No comments: