Sunday, November 9, 2008

This weekend our family activity was going to the museum to the new dino exhibit. Every night when N. is tucked into bed he wants to talk about dinos. There isn't much to tell and I was hoping the exhibit would give me new information. It really didn't tell us any more than what we already knew from the endless number books N. checks out from the library. The kids did get to dig up some dino bones and make a plaster tooth (see above). But the worst part was walking through the "Dino Mart" to get the exit.

Later H. and I went on a mom/daughter date. she got to spend her hard earned chore money (she gets paid to keep the backyard free of dog poop, which she hates). As she made her purchases however she did say she felt good inside because it was her own money. I let her pick out a new outfit and we visited every store she loves, just to look around.

E and I had our own date when we attended the adult session of conference that evening. E. gave me a muscle relaxant because my back was hurting (from lugging N. around) and I don't know if it had anything to do with it but by 7:30 I was ready to flop on the floor and go to sleep. I could not keep my eyes open.

Of course the chores didn't get done because we were never home and it will be difficult getting caught back up this week, but it was nice just to hang out with the family.

No comments: