Sunday, November 23, 2008

This week has been very busy but a lot of fun. Here are a few highlights:

We had our first snow and then a few days later it was so warm the kids built a sand castle.


Hailey turned in her second quarter book report and project. Whoever thought apple head dolls were a good idea obviously never had children.

Grandma W. came to visit. She taught H. how to make her very yummy lemon squares. Her's taste so much better than mine, I had to take a peek at what they were doing while working together. Hailey is dressed like a pioneer just because she loves pioneer clothes. But that's actually a dress I wore in the late 70's. I loved it. She thinks it is a pioneer dress.



We went to see the play "The Christmas Shoes" which was put on by our stake. It was a tear jerker but it was fun to get an early start on the Christmas spirit.

Later that night Nate and Nolan had a burping contest while we ate lemon squares. Nate won for quantity and Nolan for quality. Pretty gross, but the smile on Nate's face each time his was able to squeeze out even the tiniest burp made us all laugh.

5 comments:

Ian said...

Those boys better save some of the "Brotherly Bonding" for me!

The Layton Family said...

Oh so bummed we missed grandma's lemon squares. Wished we could have seen the play with you guys, but are excited to see you on Thanksgiving! Next time I will enroll Gavin for the burping contest and he could very well win for quantity and quality!!!

Charlotte said...

I bet they can't wait to see you Ian and Megan there are still lemon squares left - I'll bring them to dinner. Share the fat grams.

Jason.and.Carla said...

What about me!?!? I need some sisterly-brotherly bonding and lemon squares too! ;O)

Natalie said...

to think that we are old enough to own a pioneer dress......