Saturday, November 29, 2008

Believe Nobby Dog


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at J's house. The food was yummy and the atmosphere very relaxing. We are truly grateful for all of our family and the time we get to spend with them. A few weeks ago when we sang Count your Many Blessings in Sacrament meeting I started to literally count them by naming each of them in my mind. I thought how blessed we are to have such a large and wonderful family.

Here is the recipe B. wanted for the jello:
1 can crushed pineapple (20 oz)
1 pkg raspberry jello mix (6 oz)
1 can whole cranberry sauce (16 oz)
2/3 cup walnuts (optional)
1 granny smith apple (chopped into small chunks)
Drain pineapple and reserve juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 2 1/2 cups; pour into saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour over jello mix in a large bowl; stir for 2 minutes until completely dissolved.

Stir in pineapple, cranberry sauce, walnuts and apple. Spoon into 24 paper -lined muffin cups. (I don't think that worked well - next time I would the plastic ones). Refrigerate 2 1/2 hours or until set.



We continued to relax on Friday and Saturday. It snowed Friday night and early Saturday the kids and I went sledding on a nearby hill. Nathan has been looking forward to this for weeks. We decorated for Christmas. I learned N.'s favorite Christmas song is "Believe Nobby Dog" AKA Feliz Navidad. His favorite part is when Nobby dog yells AHHHH HAAHHH. He also can't wait until the beanstalks are hung by the fireplace. Hailey has been on a tireless crusade to correct him on Believe Nobby Dog and the stockings by the fireplace. She is probably his best teacher. When I asked her to stop nagging him she said "Why? You nag me all the time". So true. I made a goal to stop nagging.



2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are a devoted blogger- I can't believe you already posted your snow pics. We had a great time on Thanksgiving too! You guys are great!

The Layton Family said...

Okay that is hilarious! We had a great time with you guys on Thanksgiving and are looking forward to more fun times come Christmas!