Sunday, January 18, 2009

This weekend we attended the Dream Martin Luther King Jr. 80th Birthday Concert we saw The Spirituals Project Choir and Denyce Graves perform. Some of our favorite numbers were The Battle of Jericho, Ev'ry Time I Feel the Spirit and It's Me, it's Me, it's Me Oh Lord. Eric and I both love this type of music but we were not sure what N. and H. would think of it. There were very few children in attendance and N. was bored at times. Denyce Graves was a wonderful performer H. enjoyed being out with the family. I let the kids take pictures during intermission to pass time. We had dinner, walked the mall and enjoyed hanging out.


Later the kids and I spent the night at Aunt Julia's with Aunt Luana and Grandma L. We stayed up too late, ate too much and had a good time. Aunt Julia made H. this terrific coat- it's reversible and H. doesn't want to take it off.

Last I accomplished my silly goal of the month - I popped a batch of popcorn the old fashioned way in a pan with oil tonight and there was not one single unpopped kernel, this was my third attempt.

1 comment:

The Layton Family said...

Way to go Charlotte! That's more than I can say :O) I'm so proud of you!