Monday, January 26, 2009

A conversation at 4:00 PM today:


M: Why are you wearing makeup on only one eye?

Me: What???

M: You have eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner on only one eye, and I just wanted to know why?

Me: You waited until now to tell me? It's 4:00!

M: Yep, at least you don't have much longer to go. Why are you only wearing makeup on one eye?

Me: I'm sure I got interrupted in the middle of putting on makeup and forgot to finish. (In my head - the same reason there is often oatmeal smudges just above my knee and greasy gloss stains at my waist, the same reason I once wore a shirt wrong side out. No one told me until after lunch. It's the same reason there' are rocks in my coat pockets, a billion odd crayons in my purse and toys fall out of my car occasionally. ) I guess there was really no use bringing it to my attention any earlier - I don't carry makeup in my purse. Maybe I should start. Today I got up early and felt like everything had gone smoothly getting the children ready for school and me for work. Guess it wasn't as smooth as I thought. I had a good laugh on the way home.

6 comments:

Ian said...

What a great little story. You just have to make sure you always laugh at the little stuff. Especially with a child as bright as Hailey and as mischievous as Nate.

Natalie said...

That is hilarious! My favorite is when I forget makeup completely! But, I think doing it half way is truly more humorous!

The Layton Family said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Lulu said...

I laughed and laughed thanks for sharing.

Amy Jo said...

I was totally going to say something to you that day! Ha! I thought your left eye was bruised and didn't want to ask in case it was a really bad story....haha!!! Charlotte, you are hilarious!!!

candace said...

Heehee - that was funny! I can see that happening to myself.