One of Eric's specialty dishes is "Hash", I don't know if he made it up or if it is a real recipe. Hash is chunks of potato and Spam fried together in oil. It actually tastes good once a year and in small amounts. N took one look at it and asked who mixed dog food into my
potatoes? He ate his veggies then after trying one bite of Spam pushed his plate away "I don't need dessert tonight". Later he ate all his potatoes that were mixed in with the Spam. He got dessert- who can blame him for thinking Spam looks like dog food? It really does.
3 comments:
spam does look like dog food. I think Hash is a real dish, I think once a year I'd like it to.
I can't convince Mandy that we need hash once a year. She won't accept that Spam is actually for human consumption. Let me know the next time it's on the menu? I will have to stop by.
Some friends of ours lived in Austin, MN. for years. Austin is home of Hormel which is the producer of Spam. They have even have a Spam museum there. Our friends tell us that on days they made Spam the entire town reeked of it. So at least you don't live in Austin.
Post a Comment