Friday, January 14, 2011

This year I wanted to take note of the things I learned from my children.  Nate likes to read and when he really likes a book he follows me around reading out loud.  Sometimes he quizzes me to make sure I am listening.  He was reading a Star Wars book while I was making dinner and we had this conversation:

N: What is the fourth moon of D (not sure how it's pronounced or spelled).
Me:  Umm, orange.
N: Yes. What is the 3rd moon?
Me: Umm, (thinking they might be in some color order) red.
N: No, that's the 2nd moon. It's black.  What is the first moon?
Me:  White?
N: No you already said it.
Me: Red?

How important is it to know the 4 moons of D.? The conversation was so confusing to me that I'm not sure I am relating the colors in the proper order.  Recording this conversation seemed important because it is a classic example of the kind of pop quizzes he gives regularly.  It makes me laugh.

2 comments:

candace said...

That is so funny!

Lulu said...

holy cow! Nate islooking so big!