Thursday, January 13, 2011


Each day at breakfast the kids and I take a few minutes to go over our schedules.  Yesterday Hailey and I had this conversation:

H:  I have a student council meeting today.
Me: What?
H: I have a student council meeting today.
Me:  You're on student council?
H:  Yes.
Me:  When did you get on student council?
H: When my class voted me in, mom.
Me:  Don't you think this is something I'd like to know? I would want to know that you are on student council.   When is the meeting?
H: Well they pick 2 people from each class to be on student council and I was a in 3 way tie with Taylor and Emerald.  So we are all on the student council together.

Later that evening I tell Eric that Hailey has some news. 

Eric:  Hey, I hear you have some news for me.
H: Nope, I don't have any news.  Oh there's 157 dogs that need our help.
Me: Not that news.
Eric: What news do you have?
H: I don't have any news.
Eric: Mom says you have some news.
H: Nope.
Me: I think dad would like to know that you are on the student council.
Eric: You're on student council?
H: Oh, yeah it was three way tie with me, Emerald, and Taylor.  I get to read the announcements for the project we are doing, tomorrow at school. There's 157 dogs that need our help......

These conversations made me laugh. I love her attitude about everything.  But it makes me wonder... what else do I not know?

1 comment:

Season and Isabella said...

I thoroughly enjoyed that! :) Congrats Hailey!