Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I Love that!!



Last year at the mall my then 3 year old son noticed a kid with a mo hawk. He tugged at me and yelled "I love that!" and then decided he wanted to do that to his hair. Whenever we saw someone with the hairstyle we try to turn him away so he won't notice. It didn't work, at random moments he would just say "When can I get a mo hawk?" I have no idea if I am even spelling the name right, I'm very conservative when it comes to dress and hair. A couple of weekends ago my husband and I went to a Rapids game. While we were there, I saw boys with a spiky cut that all most looked mo - hawkish. My son was smelling like sweaty boy every night when I kissed him goodnight at bed time, so it was time for a cut anyway. At the salon I described the haircut and my son got a faux hawk which at this point makes him feel really cool. As he got out of the chair the stylist "Now you really rock". I looked at his stripped dino shirt with khaki shorts and Teva like shoes he calls sandals and thought "No, he doesn't rock." He was thrilled and couldn't wait to show his big brother and his best buddy what it looked like. The only downside for him - and it took him exactly one day to realize it - was the the spike doesn't go down the back of his head. I was glad that was the only difference he noticed. Every morning he lets me know if he wants his hair styled in a faux hawk. It's been a little over a week and it's starting to lose its novelty. Several days he decided not to get his hair styled and I all most missed seeing his spiky hair. He has thick fast growing hair - soon it will be long again.

No comments: