Monday, June 30, 2008
Boone - My Life's Work
Our family has a miniture dachshund. He is small in size but large in personality. When we were at the kennel he seemed like my kind of dog, quiet and mild mannered. He faked this "loving family dog" image for 3 days then his true personality emerged. I picked him, I named him and I am fully responsible for the disaster in our home known as Boone or Boonie. It is my life's work for the next 10 years or so to make sure he dies a natural death. He barks constantly - even at his own shadow. We warn all visitors to our home not to look at him, not to touch him, to stay clear or you could lose a limb. I took him to the vet to get his rabies shot updated - I prolonged this as long as I could because I have to switch to a new vet after a visit. During this last visit with the lastest vet - he lectured me on being dominant with Boone. After getting a few pointers from him and from the dog whisperer by watching TV. I started practicing dominance. Amazingly it has been working and I am now practicing dominance at home with my family and at work with my co workers. Suddenly we are getting to church on time and chores are done in a timely manner. Stretch time at work has been reduced from 20 minutes to 10 and the chatting at my desk has been minimal. I'll have to keep it up with Boone, but I think I will use on as needed basis with everyone else. It is very tiring telling everyone what to do and making decisions constantly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah!!! I'm so excited to read your blog. Good luck on the dog and the dominance thing. I do hear it works!
Post a Comment