Thursday, March 10, 2011

Last night when the phone rang at 11:30 I thought this can't be good.  Hailey was at a sleep over and I was worried she might be calling with the "come pick me up" secret word.  But it was a friend calling about the northern lights.  After pulling on boots and coat I stood outside in my front yard to determine if these were worth waking everyone up.  At first they were just white shadows waving across the sky, but then the shadows turned a beautiful green and literally danced across the sky.  It was definitely worth waking the family.  I let Eric know, called Hailey to let her know, and bundled Nate in a blanket.   We stood outside watching the lights.  We were unable to get a good picture with our camera, but it was like looking at a postcard.   I'll take a late night phone call any time to see that again. 

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I have always wanted to see those!

The Layton Family said...

I'm so bummed there aren't any good pictures. They sound beautiful!

Lulu said...

I have heard they are amazing, you are so lucky adn I'm so glad you woke those kids up.