Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Ted Nugent
One year when U2 was in town Eric took me to the concert as a birthday present. It was my first concert for a major band. I was so turned off by the show I couldn't listen to U2 for months even though I loved their music. For our anniversary Eric asked me to go to a Ted Nugent concert , of course I agreed to go because it included an overnight without the kids at a hotel. If you know me at all - you would know that Ted Nugent is probably the last concert I would enjoy. It was truly one of the weirdest experiences ever; the kid next me kept turning and yelling in my face "ROCK ON!" while waving his hand in the universal rock on symbol. Not sure how to respond I politely smiled. A man two rows ahead of us must have taken a bunch of something because he was literally bouncing off the walls and seats. Totally creepy. Then to add to the bizarreness I only recognized "Cat Scratch Fever" and there were small children everywhere - as if this were a U2 concert. Needless to say I vowed never to attend another concert. Whenever I would hear "Ted Nugent" I would laugh and think "ROCK ON". Eric brought home Ted's book "Ted, White, and Blue", I picked it up and read three chapters - laughing the entire time. I'm not necessarily recommending it but it is clever, well written and very entertaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
rock on charlotte rock on!
Sometimes the best part of a concert is watching all the other people!
Post a Comment