Friday, December 19, 2008

A Couple of Firsts

Yesterday my babysitter was sick. I couldn't find anyone to watch my children because most mom's I know where going to their children's school Christmas parties. In the over 4 1/2 years I have been working outside the home daycare has been the biggest issue for me. Especially in the last year. I did not want to take the day off because this is very busy time of year for me. So I did something I have never done before. I packed Nathan along with his toys and took him to work. Nathan behaved himself wonderfully. He played computer games, built a fort under a desk, colored, and most importantly did not run around and bother everyone. I received so many compliments regarding his behavior. Originally I was planning just to go in for a couple of hours to get some time sensitive paperwork out. But it turned out that we were there for 5 hours which really helped me stay on track. Then I got to do something else I have never done. I left to pick up Hailey from school and there was so little traffic I was able to attend the last 15 minutes of her Christmas party. She was so excited. I have never been to one of her school parties before. One of her little friends said to me as I entered the classroom "Hailey's mom, you are really late" and another child chimed in "At least she came". So I am grateful for the company I work for - they have allowed me fairly flexible hours over the last year so I could attend events with my children and so I could spend more time with my children. I feel blessed to have such support.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Wow! Good job Nate. We need to move closer so you can hang out with james.