Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bedtime stories


I have always loved reading bedtime stories to Hailey and Nathan. Within the last month when 7:00 PM rolls around and I tell the kids to go get their books - H. has been saying she didn't want bedtime stories - she'll just read to herself. I don't know when I thought she would stop wanting me to read her stories but I was unprepared for it! Not ready to let the routine go just yet, I have ask her to sit in the living room with us and read. But I have found that if I read N.'s book in some goofy way (whale talk, backwards, spelling every word out, rap or opera to name a few) she'll start laughing and come join us. I know that will probably only work for a little while, but hopefully long enough for me to adjust.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You got a bonus couple of months! Nolan hasn't let us since the beginning of this school year.

The Layton Family said...

Gavin isn't even close, but it makes me sad just thinking about it! I guess that's just part of growing up. But for sure I would want to listen to you read "Guess How Much I Love You" in whale talk!