Today I looked out the window and saw the sun peeking over the mountain for the first time in months.
It cast shadows in our front yard and I was so excited.... that means spring is coming.
Although we see the sun in Anchorage and away from our house it is low in the sky.
We went to see the ice sculptures and this was our first ice maze.
Hailey had a dance recital this weekend and she did such an amazing job. Her smile lit up the stage and it was easy to tell that she loved what she was doing. If only my camera took better pictures.
The mom dance was canceled due to injuries. I hurt my knee and another her back. It was a little embarrassing to drop out the week before and maddening since I had it memorized. I don't know how I hurt my knee exactly, there was never a moment where I felt sudden pain it just started gradually and increased until I could no longer walk. Perhaps my middle aged knees were rebelling against the hip hop routine and the Just Dance 2 I had put them through the weekend before. Either way as I sat and watched Hailey's recital it occurred to me that I like it this way, the focus was on her and that is how it should be.
Eric was able to spend time in Denver with his adult children and his grandchildren. Hailey, Nate and I were so jealous we miss everyone so much. When Eric got home we asked him if he had taken great pictures.... and of course he hadn't because he didn't have the camera. But he brought home this napkin with Conor's name on it. We may not have a picture but it is clear he has grown if he now writing his name. How cute is that?

No comments:
Post a Comment