Yesterday being sick most of the day I spent too much time with the TV on as background noise. I heard that 50 is the new 40. Thank heavens, because today my best friend turns 50. Knowing that 50 is now comparable to the "old" 40 means my man's just been treading water for a decade.
When he turned 40 (now the new 30) I threw a big party. But this year it will be low key, coconut cream pie, chicken pot pie, and unwrap a few presents. But I couldn't let this birthday pass without celebrating with some pictures of Eric through the years.
Eric carries this picture in his scriptures and uses it as an example. His mom told him not to go fishing but he did anyway getting caught when his picture showed up in the local newspaper. What I love about this picture is not that he got caught lying but that he is so desperate to fish he is just holding fishing line, no pole.
I love his smile.
Here's Eric in his plum colored suit. It would be nice if we could see his stacked shoes too.
He sure looked handsome on our wedding day.
I'm just hoping when he turns 60 it's the new 50.







3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!! Charlotte I'm so glad he's your best friend!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDIO!!! I stinkin love you! LOVE this post Char Char. It's fun to look at the pictures and see which kids look like dad.
Happy Birthday Eric! my favorite pict. was the one of him fishing with no pole, so cute, made me laugh.
Post a Comment