Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I saw this quote at the kids school:  "Creativity is not being afraid to make mistakes.  Art is knowing which ones are not  mistakes."  It reminded me of a quilt I have been working on using mostly scraps. Individually each square looks really cute, well most of them.   But when the last square was finished and they were all laid on the floor, it appeared that if put together they would make one ugly quilt.  Remember that word synergy - the whole is greater than the parts?  What is the opposite of that - the parts are better than the whole?  So rather than continue making what could possibly be mistake,  I set these aside for awhile.

3 comments:

Season and Isabella said...

I think these are awesome! You should keep going!!

Lulu said...

I think it looks cute or maybe a cute frame around each square wold look niced. good job!

The Layton Family said...

I agree with Season!