
This week I told my children if they would work hard to get the house ready for company (Aunt Sally & her friend Pam) we would do something fun on Friday. I also owed them for attending Vocational Bible School (VBS) one day. They didn't want to go but our friends were so persistant we went one morning. Not wanting to the parent who threw them under the bus, I attended as well as a volunteer, leading a group of 6 yr olds around to each activity as a group leader. There was 3 hours of praising, praying, singing, dancing, and requests to accept Jesus into our hearts. So when Friday rolled around and I woke them up at 8:30 to go hiking they felt a little ripped off. They felt they deserved to sleep in and maybe watch a movie. They aren't crazy about the wildlife and haven't been big on hiking. But after dragging them up a steep hike where they could view the Matsu Valley, Nathan said "wow, I can see the whole world from here". Hailey snapped a bunch of pictures and had to admit she had a good time. Maybe next week there will be less complaining.....

View of a glacier
view of the thick vegitation on each side of the trail
1 comment:
Charlotte, I had to laugh at your description of VBS ;)
I always had to go when I was younger and I hated it.
I think the hiking sounded fun - nice pictures! :)
Post a Comment