Saturday, June 26, 2010

Finally....A Half Marathon Completed


My sister Sally and her friend Pam came to visit.  It was wonderful to have my sister visit!  I hadn't seen Pam in years and it was nice to catch up with her as well.  Sally ran a marathon.  Pam and I walked/jogged a half marathon.  My only goal was to keep up with Pam as much as possible.  She has done 7 half marathons and made it seem easy.   The first few miles were easy.  I felt fine until mile 8 when I was so hungary I realized I had forgotten to eat my peanut butter sandwhich, a must before doing a lot of exercise.  But Pam had trail mix that saved the day up to that point.  Mile 10 was hard and my feet really began to hurt even if I was on the dirt trail.  Mile 11 was the last time I jogged a little until the finish.  Mile 12 & 13 were killers and I kept telling Pam to go ahead and not wait for me.  I was killing her time.  She stayed with me and kept cheering my on.  I didn't train so I expected to finish in about 3 hours.   My official time is 3 hours, 9 minutes and some odd seconds.  I can't wait to actually train and try again next year. 


After the race we went to an ice cold lake to soak our legs and feet.  It took awhile to get the courage to get in further but eventually we stood in water up to our knees.  Brrrrrr.




2 comments:

The Layton Family said...

Way to go Charlotte! You did it! You've been meaning to for a long time! I'm so proud!

Will Murdoch said...

Good Job!!