On our hike last week, Nathan found a cute little inchworm. He played with it throughout the hike despite my repeated remarks that eventually this little inchworm needed to be put back into the grass. At the end of the hike, he still had the inchworm which was now named Leaf. Nathan just couldn't part with it, so Leaf came home with us. I assumed his life in a jar with grass would be short. The road was curvy, Nathan had run a lot on the hike and he was hot. By the time we got home he was feeling a little sick. As he ran up the stairs to get to the bathroom he threw up...in his hands. His newly found pet, Leaf the inchworm, was dead. Nathan just cried and cried. Leaf is currently in a tupperware dish in a pile of leaves and grass, after receiving a very gentle bath. There is hope at least in Nathan's mind that this will revive him. Hailey is trying to find a replacement. I thought that was really sweet.
2 comments:
Did I read that right. . . Nate threw up on his new found friend?!? Well I take it as a compliment that he's thrown up on me too then!
Hilarious!
Post a Comment