It finally snowed yesterday and last night giving us about 4 inches. As I stood outside watching the snow fall, I could hear it hitting the trees and leaves, making an almost musical sound. The children have been wearing snow pants to school for about a week because of the cold. It takes us a little longer to get out the door but the extra warmth is worth it. We check the temp before we leave and it has been between 7-10 degrees some mornings when we walk to the school. Apparently once it snows it doesn't melt unless we get the pineapple express winds which make everything slushy and hard to drive in. N. thinks they should be called the coconut express winds. Either way a little warmth would be worth it.
Monday, November 9, 2009
It finally snowed yesterday and last night giving us about 4 inches. As I stood outside watching the snow fall, I could hear it hitting the trees and leaves, making an almost musical sound. The children have been wearing snow pants to school for about a week because of the cold. It takes us a little longer to get out the door but the extra warmth is worth it. We check the temp before we leave and it has been between 7-10 degrees some mornings when we walk to the school. Apparently once it snows it doesn't melt unless we get the pineapple express winds which make everything slushy and hard to drive in. N. thinks they should be called the coconut express winds. Either way a little warmth would be worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Last weekend Charlotte I was telling some of Grandma's family from Arizona about how cold it has to get before the kids can play indoors in Alaska. They couldn't believe it, and they all complained they wouldn't survive!
I hate the snow!
Post a Comment