Tuesday, November 17, 2009
BRRRRRRRRR!
It has been sooooo cold lately! Although I wear snowpants to walk the children to school, I am chilled by the time I get home. The children do not go outside for recess or stand outside before class. Walking the dogs has stopped completely. It is obvious they are hurting when outside right now. I tried to put socks on them but Boone kicked them off immediately and Bessie refused outright. Rather than risked getting scratched up we made a truce. There is no messing around. They run out, do their thing and sort of run back. Bessie will pause and hold one leg off the ground for a few seconds, then step and hold another leg off the ground. Half way up the steps she stops and acts like she just can't take it anymore. Boone runs. N. still wants to play outside everyday but I am finding it hard to scrape up any will power to do so. We have started heating our garage and that is nice to have a warm car! Lately my dreams are of warm beaches and laying the sun. This is supposedly an earlier cold snap than normal. We hope it doesn't last too long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow! i'm just not sure what to say....i think that alaska is neat and all, but i KNOW that i would have a serious challenge living through a winter....i'll have to ask tim jr how they did it as missionaries----i couldn't imagine traipsing around in that cold every day!
You are a much stronger woman than I Charlotte!!!
That sounds like so much fun! The colder it is outside, the cozier you'll be inside...check out the sled dog stores for winter togs for the 4 legged ones - they might have something they would tolerate! Have a great thanksgiving!
And it's only November! Good Luck! You need a giant long down winter coat. Matt had one on his mission in Quebec and he says it's the only thing that saved him.
Post a Comment