When we first arrived in Anchorage there was more sunlight than we were used to but we were so tired it didn't matter. We went to bed on time. We have been here a month and the sun is up even longer and so are we. The children go to bed at 8:00 but they don't actually fall asleep until 10:00 pm. Eric and I will stay up way too late- we used to go to bed shortly after the kids. The sun is currently going to bed at 10:50. Saturday I woke up at 5:00 while the sun was rising. I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. I decided we needed to spend the day walking around the farmers market to tire us all out. It worked well, I put the little ones to bed at 8:30 and they were asleep by 9:00 pm. Usually summer is a time to relax a little on the bedtime routine in our house, not this year. We really have to adjust to all this light!
The farmers market is a lot of market and one produce booth. The farmers must come later in the season.
Here is Nathan pretending to drive a fire engine.
Hailey got to practice using a fire hose by knocking down traffic cones.
5 comments:
The sun doesn't go down until almost 11pm?! Yeah, that would definitely take some getting used to.... Keep the stories coming!!
Just wait till June!
Wow! How incredibly weird that would be to have the sun setting at almost 11pm!
That looks like tons of fun! Beautiful pictures!!!
How fun! I love the pics & it looks like you're having a great time. We miss you a ton! Carter is still crying over Nate.
Post a Comment