I am so glad school is out. It was getting harder and harder to convince Hailey going to school was important when nothing was really going on at school. Friday we went downtown and enjoyed seeing all the beards and mustaches at the Beard and Mustache Festival. Pictures are posted below.
This weekend we went to Eklutna to see the cemetary and church. We also had a picnic at Mirror Lake. It was so relaxing.
My favorite quotes of the week:
Nate: Can you marry someone who is already married?
Me: No, is there someone you want to marry who is married?
Nate: Yes, I want to marry you.
That just melted my heart because in a few short years I will no longer be his favorite person!
Hailey is trying to decide whether or not to pierce her ears. She said she would then backed out by saying: Dr. Halee said to wait until I'm 13. Maybe I need to wait. If only my advice held as much weight as Dr. Halee's!

Chapel in Eklutna.

Old spirit house.

Newer spirit house, it even had curtains.

Spirit houses are put over the grave sites of loved ones. The bodies were usually cremated and a religious dinner was held within a year of the death.

Posing with an original piece of the pipeline.

Eric and Bessie at Mirror Lake.

Hailey and Nathan wading. We had a picnic and enjoyed the view and the wonderful weather.

Beard and Mustache Sidewalk parade. Rather awkward to try and view a parade while standing on a sidewalk and the parade is marching by on the same sidewalk. The Beard and Mustache Festival is held every other year usually outside of the U.S. I'm pretty sure we'll never see this again!

Nate and Hailey's favorite they called him the Musketeer.
6 comments:
wow! what artistic divulgence in that facial hair! how fun for you all to have experienced that.
and those psisit houses are very interesting. what religion/sect do they stem from? never heard of it.
How fun, I can't wait to come visit. So cute that N is so in love with you, hold on to that thought while it lasts!
Colton wanted to marry me for a while, now I am to gross to even hug. Sounds like you guys are having so much fun their.
I loved all the pics.. can't wait to show g. they have a mustache growing contest in Antarctica during winters.
Nate is just too cute!
give the kids hugs and kisses for me!
Hi Tamie,
Athabascan Indians, there are about 70 who are living in the area we visited.
we mis you guys, So we love seeing the pics and hearing your stories
Post a Comment