another opens but not always where we expect it. This weekend we started telling our family and friends that we are moving to Alaska. We definitely have mixed emotions about leaving our home, friends and especially family. With both Eric and I working the upside of Alaska is a slower pace of life - hopefully we can enjoy the children who are still at home and become great long distance parents & grandparents/bonus grandparent. We are going to miss family get togethers, parties with friends and just the comfort of our familiar surroundings. We've noticed just about everyone thinks Alaska would be a great place to visit - our door is always open.
6 comments:
We too have bittersweet emotions about your move. You guys are going to have a great time, but we will miss you so much. Gavin is going to be awfully bummed when he catches on, but he does love airplanes. If only his parents loved airplane prices!
I am so happy for you guys, What a neat experiance for you and your kids. Love you guys Emily
WOW!!!!! What an adventure! AK is so beautiful. You can grow a garden with a watermelon the size of a car!! :) It will be very fun! When will you move?
I would love to continue gardening - I was worried the weather would make it difficult. We are still working on the all the arrangements but E. will definitely be leaving mid April.
In the land of the midnight sun your gardening season will be short, but with sun for lots of hours your plants will be huge! :)
I am so excited to get to come to Alaska. We have always wanted to visit there. We are really excited for you guys. Now we'll have someone to share moving stories with!
Post a Comment