I appreciated her loyalty. I checked into it and both women were recruiters just updating their records. I have no doubt she would let dad have the same information about me if she felt it were necessary!
Second Eric and I went to Anchorage, Alaska. It was cold and the city wasn't very impressive. The scenery was beautiful. We had the opportunity to drive to a little town about 2 and 1/2 hours outside of Anchorage called Talkeetna. It was fun to see names and places that I see daily at work. (I'm in the Alaska Specialty Division). Eric and I named 5 things we wanted to see while were in Alaska:
1) Moose - there really is one in this picture. They were not cooperative at all.
2) Bald Eagle
3) Northern Lights- We did not see the lights. Apparently the solar activity has been low this cycle and we had to be further north to see them.
4) Talkeetna
5) Mt. McKinley (I have so many pictures of mountains- hopefully this is the right one!)
Here is a picture of the temple:
Our favorite sign: (As we were driving around Talkeentna- a small aircraft landed on this strip of land and we could see the tail through the trees as we drove. We found the aircraft and this sign. )
My favorite part was actually just spending some time with Eric just driving and talking .
Little N. woke up sick on Tuesday when Eric and I were just heading home. I felt awful being so far away from him but his big sister took great care of him. He ending up having strep throat.
H. worked really hard to get her 3 quarter book report in before we went to Alaska- I'm really proud of her because it took a lot of work to finish early and keep up on all her other work.
Somehow between Alaska, and N.'s sickness two weeks just disappeared.
3 comments:
I just love H's little picture! What in the world is coming out of their heads? And is dad wearing a mini-skirt? I hope the trip was fun, but not too fun. ;-)
Kylie and I were laughing so hard at Hs letter that we couldn't breathe! I am glad your trip was fun, I am trying to believe there is actually a moose.
Post a Comment