Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Crazy Craigslist Shoppers


My piano is one of my favorite possessions. It has a value that really can't be placed on a price tag. So when we decided to sell the piano - it was a sacrifice. Why is it so special? Because I have always believed my home MUST have a piano. When I was nine months pregnant with Hailey I won the Ovation Award at work and it came with a cash bonus. That night after work, I immediately went to the nearest piano store and bought my piano. Yes, it was used and it only cost $1,000. However, it has added a nice atmosphere to our home to hear children playing the piano. So it was posted on craigslist - and I was honest; every problem was noted. My price? $300, because I expect you to negotiate. So a person asked if I would take $200? Yes, of course. The second email was a list of questions- how many scratches, what kind of condition is it really in, it's just too hard to tell from the picture and on. It's $200- what exactly do you expect? I don't want to sell my piano to her - she's too picky. Anyone want a piano - free is fine as long as you love it as much I did.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I would LOVE your piano, but we are just to far away!

The Layton Family said...

Shame on her for being so picky! She is missing out on a wonderful piano. I don't think we have room for it in our home, but you can store it in our garage if you'd like!!!

emmysview said...

my mother in law might want it but i don't know how to get it here.