Friday, March 19, 2010



I quilt on Thursdays.  Every week for the past few months I thought I was almost done with my quilt.  But every week I learned something new and was beginning to think I would never finish this quilt.  Today I sat down and spent a few hours just working on it to get it completed. 


I named the quilt "Christmas Past" because it took me well past Christmas to complete it.  I also wrote on the tag that it was my first quilt, it had been taken apart a few times and still contained some mistakes but that I was glad it was finished.   But my favorite part of the quilt is the fact that Eric went out this morning and bought the pen I needed to tag the quilt.  Because I didn't have it, I was not expecting to finish it today.  Even though it is not perfect I'm still proud of all the work that went into it.  Now to get started on my next one!

5 comments:

The Layton Family said...

it looks great Charlotte! Way to go!

Natalie said...

I love the feeling of accomplishing a project! I love it.

Season and Isabella said...

That is really impressive, not to mention beautiful! You should be very proud.

Ian said...

It's no jean blanket ;), but it looks great!

Will Murdoch said...

Great job! I wish you lived closer. I'd love to learn to quilt too!