Monday, March 1, 2010

Friday:

We were invited to a meet and greet for the Lt. Governor of the state.  Unfortunately I don't know enough about the state and its issues to ask intelligent questions, so it was somewhat of a missed opportunity.  We do know the state has some pretty big problems to tackle such as resource management, wildlife management, a huge homelss problem, mining issues etc.  He was very personable and easy to talk with.  It inspired us to at least start researching so when the time comes we will be prepared to vote and maybe even volunteer to help.

Saturday:

We built an igloo with our friends. It took about 4 hours and the boys just left us to go watch cartoons and play the wii once their little hands and feet were frozen.
















Hailey had a sleep over at a friend’s house. We have always had a blanket no sleepover rule except for family. However since we live so far from family we decided we do need some friends we can trust in the event of an emergency. The only other kind of party that is worse in my mind is a pool party. So of course Hailey was invited to a slumber and pool party. She was supposed to be home around 4:30 or 5:00 on Saturday. All day I kept the worry at bay- no news is good news. While I got ready to go out with my husband and some friends the worry set in. 5:30 - no Hailey. 6:00 - no Hailey. I started calling the babysitter from the restaurant. 6:30 -no Hailey. Then finally at 7:00 she was returned safely home. I had called the parents cell phone, tried to have them paged at the water park, and called another mother whose daughter was at the party.   They had lost track of time.  Even though I  trusted the parents it was still uncomfortable when they did not return on time! 

Sunday:

Exhausted, after church I packed a lunch and a snack so Nathan and Hailey could hang out in the igloo.  With a chair by the window to see the kids I sat and hand quilted.   It finally feels like some progress has been made. 





3 comments:

The Layton Family said...

That's quite the weekend for you! Two hours late. . . I would have DIED of worry! If we invite Hailey to a sleepover next week would she be able to make it? We'll pick her up around 6pm?!?!?! :) Love the colors in your quilt.

The Book Nook said...

so i joined the blogging world just a little bit. we have our own book blog here in dartmouthland. so when you come to town does that mean yes or no to the sleepover here. you know the girls will want to!! looks like a lot of fun to be had in the land of cold. have a great day.

Natalie said...

Love the quilt and someday we really need to build and igloo. Heaven knows we have enough snow!