Monday, January 25, 2010


Our outing this weekend in our efforts to enjoy the great outdoors was visitng ice sculptures.  This was my favorite. 


The sculptures are located around an ice rink.  As you can imagine any kid would love this set up.



They twisted, twirled, ran, and slid. 


They weren't even bothered by the very cold weather.  Look at that smile!



I took this picture at a quarter to noon.  I'm going to stop posting these types of pictures as soon as I get over it.  I am at home most days and this is the first time the kids and I have seen direct sunlight in awhile. 



Our fence is always covered with messages.  Eric had just erased them when I found this spot and created my own graffeti.  I don't think he's noticed it...



The kids had such a good time on the ice rink (without skates) we took them to the school to play some more.  I hope this isn't considered improper use of an ice rink!



Here's Nathan on our favorite sledding hill.  He's learned to make the jump ok.  His first run ended in a few tears when he was jettisoned into the air.  He now holds on tightly.  Every time we come the ramp is bigger. 

3 comments:

Season and Isabella said...

That looks so fun! I love the fence and messages there-on. :) I think I would have a hard time getting over the sun thing too.

The Layton Family said...

How fun you guys! It sounds like you are already getting used to cold weather. When you guys come back you'll be dressed in beach attire come early spring!

Jason.and.Carla said...

This all looks SO fun! I want to be there so bad! Darn expensive plane tickets... That ice rink looks so awesome! I'm moving to Alaska... I've made up my mind. =)