Monday, December 14, 2009

I normally love Christmas and all that comes with it.  But this year as I looked around at our decorations and really noticed what specials we were watching on TV I felt like we were having a Santa centric holiday.  So yesterday I asked my family to go to a sing a long for Handel's The Messiah.  There was a lot of complaining about leaving a warm and toasty house to go listen to music.  I knew this was my one chance, if everyone hated it then it would be harder to convince them to go next year.  But how can you dislike anything about this beautiful music?  Both of the children sang along when they could and when they couldn't.  Eric really enjoyed the music as well but I don't think he sang much! We sat in the mixed section but I tried and I mean that literally to sing soprano.  There were some really great and strong singers so our voices were drowned out- thankfully!  The best part was I left with a renewed appreciation for our Savior and a little more Christmas spirit!  My family said they would go again next year.  Maybe we'll make it a new family tradition.

1 comment:

The Layton Family said...

family tradition for only three years right?!?!?