Friday, September 25, 2009

Cross Country Jamboree


I signed both of the children up for a cross country jamboree, thinking it would help them determine if they liked running as a sport. There were 800 runners from different schools in the area. I had intended to run with each child. Hailey did 1.2 miles and Nate did a little less than a mile- but parents were discouraged from running the race. It was difficult seeing Nathan, who ran first disappear on a wooded trail. High school kids were all along the trail to help the children out if they needed it. The kids actually ran the whole thing- not a jogger in the bunch. It was amazing. Nathan loved it and came in towards the front of the pack. Hailey hated it and with her legs cramping came in with sweepers right behind her. I'm really proud of both of them for trying and completing the race!




Warm Up

Running




Finished!

4 comments:

The Layton Family said...

Way too cute! Good job Hailey and Nate!

sallyssimpleblog said...

Maybe we have some future Marathoners here! way to go Hailey and Nate. I am impressed that is a long way to run for kids!

Ian said...

Are the Langstons runners? I am just trying to figure out where the ability to run originates, because that big "Old Man" can't. Maybe their big brothers have had a remarkable affect on them ;-).

Natalie said...

Awesome! Way to go Haley and Nate! Maybe the could tag team and run my 1/2 marathon for me!