Tuesday, October 6, 2009

This morning while everyone was still asleep I started a load of laundry, pulled a muffin recipe, and turned on the Scentsy warmer so the house would smell good when the kids got up. I have always wanted my home to have a smell associated with it. My thought was the kids would get a whiff of that smell and know they were home or perhaps when they were older they would smell it somewhere else and think to call me on a busy day. For our home that smell is Cinnamon and during the holidays peppermint/candy cane. But this morning my mind went back to my grandma and grandpa's home in Texas. The smell of their home is hard to describe and wasn't simulated. There was never a candle burning or a dish of potpourri that I remember. Breakfast cooking, a fire in the wood stove, grandpa's pipe, and warm hugs all rolled up in one comfortable smell. Where can I get that candle?

1 comment:

Jason.and.Carla said...

All I have to say is don't start smoking a pipe... ;O) I love Pumpkin Pie and Christmas Tree scents... Those are my favorites!