Monday, June 29, 2009

This week we experienced our first earthquake. I was sitting on the couch reading and felt a rumble under my feet. I thought that it was odd and looked around the room. Nothing looked unusual. Eric called a few seconds later to make sure we were OK. He was at work and it was much more obvious to him. Others in the apartment building really noticed it as well. I would like the earthquake to hit AFTER we move from this apartment. There is a large cliff behind us that used to be a street before the '64 earthquake. Halfway down this cliff is a "No Parking" sign (still standing) and a sewer cap. We could take just a few normal steps off our patio and fall down the cliff. It has occurred to me that if there were a large earthquake we would just slide on down.

My favorite quote this week is from Nathan who while trying on shirts found one that actually fit and declared "Your going to Hollywood".

4 comments:

Lulu said...

Wow your first earthquake, I'm finding the story about the sign and sewer cap, scary and funny. I love Nates quote this week, hilarious

Tamie said...

thoase ARE just a little scary. We do get teeny-tiny quakes in CO, but if you've never experienced it, your wouldn't know what you were feeling. I only feel them b/c i grew up in South Cal....they are really more like tremors that quakes...fun for you! ;-)

The Layton Family said...

I totally don't want to hear about these things!

candace said...

Scary! I hope you don't get a big one until you move from that apartment, either. Yikes!