Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hailey turned 9 and I just can't believe it! We went to see Imagine That and then hung out at home so she could do her favorite activity- reading. We had her favorite meal, Penne pasta with spaghetti sauce, and a yummy confetti cake. She brings a lot of fun to our family and we are very proud of her.



We also had fun celebrating Father's Day. Hailey and I served the guy's breakfast in bed. One of Eric's favorites; biscuits and gravy with lots of sausage. I made a basic white sauce then poured it into the frying pan used to cook the sausage (after removing some of the grease). I think this breakfast rivaled that of any greasy spoon diner. One of the reasons I love Eric is because of the kind of father he is to his children. It was noticeable from our very first date, so we enjoyed spoiling him for the day.

5 comments:

The Layton Family said...

We are happy for your celebrations, and sad we weren't there to share the moments. I can't believe Hailey is nine! And I agree that dad is such a great father to his children! It was fun talking to you guys!

Ian said...

The best Old Man ever, hands down!

Jason.and.Carla said...

Better than Best! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD! I'm sad that I miss all these fun things! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAILEY! Quit growing up when I'm not there to see it! ;O)

Lulu said...

Happy birthday Hailey, you are awesome. we love you.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Hailey!