Sunday, April 26, 2009

Earthquake Park - Anchorage



Today we decided to go to Earthquake Park in Anchorage. It was once a residential area until the large earthquake in 1964 when the earth buckled due to the type of foundation under the homes, liquefied and slid into the Cook Inlet. 75 homes were destroyed and 4 people lost their lives. For more information see this website - http://www.anchorage.net/822.cfm. The park is made of wetlands and what looks like ripples of land and water. We took the dogs for a walk and enjoyed the view.





3 comments:

The Layton Family said...

Sounds like fun! That picture of Hailey and Nate at the top of your blog is darling! What cute kids!!! I have to tell you, Gav and I were in the shower and he has these foam letters of the alphabet. We were practicing a few and here's how it went. . .
M-"what letter is this?"
G-"S" for snake
M-"what letter is this?"
G-"B" for bear
M-"what letter is this?"
G-"N" for Nathan!
I usually say "N" for nest, I thought that was cute!!!

Charlotte said...

What a smart kid. Nathan sure misses Gavin!

Jessica said...

It looks beautiful, but not as nice as Colorado-just kidding we miss you guys!