This summer I decided to clean up the landscaping and house renovation debris that had collected up on the side of our house. Although we are going to miss the rabbits and snakes that have made their homes in the debris over the years. It's been a wonderful man made animal habitat. It's taken me all summer to clean it up and at first it didn't even seem like I was making progress. Each week I filled one trash can of tree branches, old sun flowers and amazingly Christmas Tree branches. A lot of it had to be cut down but I was able to do it with big clippers. But a couple of weeks ago all the debris that was left had to be cut with an electric saw. Although Eric promised he would do it some time, I had a schedule to keep. At dinner I happened to mention the pile and Nolan said he would take care of it. It was the electric saw that he was excited about. The next day I came home, he had filled two trash cans with old wooden ties he had chopped up into to small pieces. Incredibly his price was donuts for breakfast. I wish I had known that at the beginning of the summer! He also said he would edge the yard and fix my dresser drawer that broke recently. I can't believe it - I feel like I have stumbled onto a wonderful secret. No more cleaning the bathroom or the living room for chores. I'm already looking for anything else that needs fixed.
No comments:
Post a Comment