We went to get donuts and play on the playground before I took the kids to day care. I don't know why I never thought of doing it before. It was so nice and cool, it's too hot to go later in the day since it has been in the 90's. We talked about day care and the different rules at Michelle's house. They told me they get to watch a movie every day. At our house the rule is 1/2 hour a day except Friday which is Movie Day Friday. So I said wow, you get to watch a movie every day? My daughter replied "Yeah, she's a whole different girl." It made me smile. I have been working for over 4 years now and I have experienced a range of emotions regarding the two wonderful women who have watched my children. Sometimes, my son who was 2 months old when I started working calls them mom and it used to hurt my feelings. This week Michelle had to jump in the pool to save my son who can't swim yet when he accidently fell into the deep end. It's been my worst fear all summer. Rather than being upset when it happened, I felt deep gratitude because I have found 2 wonderful women who can work as extra mom's for my children. I can honestly say what they have added to my children's lives is only positive. So it made me smile - both their baby sitters are whole different girls and it's ok. I used to want someone just like me and I never found her. So it's nice to be at a point where I can relax and recognize that my way is not the only way to parent. After work we went downtown to watch a U2 tribute band and have dinner. The weather had cooled a little and it was a great time to be outside. It was a beautiful day.
1 comment:
We love breakfast in the park. Makes for a great start to the day...and yea...it's not so HOT!
Post a Comment