Wednesday, March 6, 2013
When Hailey was in primary she would share her testimony frequently on the first Sunday of the month. Someone would come and get me so I could listen to her. After a year or so she wanted to share her testimony in Sacrament meeting. Eric and I decided to make her wait. We decided for our family rules that our children had to be able to walk up to the front, share their testimony, and walk back by themselves. We practiced in Family Home Evening. I remember after a year of saying no finally letting her go. My heart stopped beating, my hands were clenched, and I didn't breathe, while my little blond haired daughter walked up to the front. She stood up, took a deep breath and shared the sweetest testimony. My heart and breathing started once she started the long walk back to our pew. My reaction when Hailey is in front of people has never varied, whether it was sharing her testimony, dancing in a recital, or giving a talk, or acting in a play, until now.
Hailey was in a play for the middle school. She auditioned and got a part as a member of the Greek Chorus and as a Spartan. I loved the play and out of four performances attended it twice. Hailey is developing her acting skills and she really enjoys it. It was a few days later that I realized I had watched the entire play laughing, breathing, and heart beating. She has always been confident, a quality I admire in her, but my confidence in her has grown. I realized that if something happens, she will be able to handle it. It was so nice to be able to breathe and just enjoy the performance. I really can't wait to see her next performance whether it's dance, a play, or something personal like sharing her testimony.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment