Now that the sun is out for most if not all of our waking hours my mood has lifted and I just can't wait for summer to officially start. We are again facing the temptation to stay up late because of the light. Although Nate who can't get enough of playing outside doesn't seem to have any problem sleeping even when it is light outside.
Hailey is enjoying the extra light as well because this means she can read late without a light on. She has no problem sleeping in every morning even though the sun is shining in her window.
Nate finally got to enjoy running again.
I felt like being crafty so I made a few purses for Hailey, recovered a chair, made some reusable bags and started refinishing a table.
I have one Alaska quilt square left to make before August.
Eric and I decided to go on a halibut charter together in Ninilchik. After we arrived in Kenai we got a call from the charter company that the boat was being taken in for repair. It had sprung a leak. We were told to wait while the charter operator tried to find another charter. We used the time we were waiting to hear from the charter company to go sightseeing. We love the beauty of both the Kenai and Russian rivers. We walked a trail to view the river and remembered that we had encountered a bear on the Russian when we first moved to AK. I was hesitant to walk to the river especially since there were no others humans to be seen. While we walked I sang and whistled loudly to let bears know we were in the area. Eric didn't sing or whistle loudly because he was sure a bear would come to investigate if it heard the whistling. We saw so many moose we stopped counting at ten, they were everywhere.
The day was so beautiful, perfect for halibut fishing, but we didn't make it onto a charter. It's early in the season and many charter companies are not operating yet. We also did some sightseeing around town. I love the Russian Orthodox churches, this one was built in 1892.
This church is currently being restored.
This home was built in the time period. I love the simplicity.
Last I want to remember a conversation our family had together while taking a drive simply because it made us all laugh. It will probably only be funny to us. We were talking about the kids cruising main street in town and how we used to the same when we were young. Eric mention something about being too cool to do something I remembered doing. After which I joked that is why I married him so my children would have a 50% chance of being cool. Then Nate jumped in with a question.
N: Dad was in carbindu?
E: I don't know, where did you hear it?
N: I heard it on the radio, it's in the song.
E: What is the word again?
N: Carbindu
E: They are saying "caught up in you".
N: Oh
Me: I said 50% chance.
2 comments:
It's only 50% because you are in AK. If the kids were here for me to influence them, we could totally bump that up to 55%, maybe even 57%!
Well if you look at that way, being CO would bump the ratio up even higher with all the siblings to influence them. :)
Post a Comment