Sunday, October 31, 2010

Author's Celebration


Nathan had an Author's Celebration Night for his class at school.  Each of the students picked one of their stories to read to the class and their parents.  After the presentations we were able to view all the stories our child had written.  Nate's stories all started with something like this... One day my dad, Once my dad took me to a game, One night my dad played catch with me, I once played ping pong with my dad.  There was not a single story about his mom who takes him swimming, to the park, plays outside and inside games with him frequently.  I cook with him, watch movies with him, take him on walks.  But to Nathan his dad knows everything and is one of his favorite people to hang out with.   So it made me smile to see all these stories about his dad.  Then I looked up at the board on the "Who Reads With Me Chart" and next to Nate's name it said "My sister".  I have a friend who used to say "What am I? Fog?" and just for a moment that is how I felt.  But then I want my children to have a terrific relationship and they do.  So I won't complain that every other child had "mom" written by their name except for Nate. 

No comments: