Sunday, September 26, 2010

Aztec Chocolate

While we were making a rather late dinner last night, Hailey and Nate decided to make me a treat.  I wasn't allowed to look at them so it would be a surprise.  But I heard them grating something, blending something, and laughing a lot.  But when they handed me a hot cup of chocolate I was so excited, it looked delicious.  I completely missed Eric trying to warn me in the background and I took a nice big swallow.  Too late I realized they had made me Aztec chocolate which Hailey had recently learned about at school.  As the bitter chocolate chunks stuck in my throat and the Chilli Pepper stung a little, I took the opportunity to turn the trick around.  MMMM, this tastes so delicious!  Thank you.  They both looked at me surprised and asked "Really?".  Yes!  It's so yummy.  When Nate went to take a big gulp however I had to stop him. I didn't have the heart to follow through.  We had a good laugh.  I love lazy evenings at home.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

love that story. What a good sport you are.

Season and Isabella said...

Wow - You think fast :)! Score one for the parents!