Friday, August 6, 2010

Our quilting group met yesterday to exchange our shoe quilt squares and have lunch. The detail and creativity that went into these are amazing.  There are 20 squares total but here are a few of my favorites.

It's difficult to see in a photo but Sarah needle turned the outside edge of the fishnet so it looks like it is wrapped around a leg.  You can't see any stitches.  This quilt is for Hailey and she loves cheetah print.



Lenita used real fur for this Eskimo boot.  Can you see the whale stitched in the middle of the fur?



This square was made by an Aunt of one of the women in the group.  She lives out of state. 



I would wear these shoes if they were real and if I could walk in them.


I love the big raindrops Jesse used for her slickers.

The next square exchange theme is Alaska.   Although the squares aren't due until next August and it wasn't going to announced until at least January, we started claiming our ideas.  My square is going to a seaplane landing on a lake...if I can figure it out.  My square for the shoe quilt was very simple and I'd like to do something with a little more detail this time.  Hailey now wants to learn how to quilt and when the group discussed all the upcoming projects, she wanted me to do them all.  But I try to work on only one project at a time and finish it so there are no unfinished works in a hanging out in a closet.  But I'm excited to teach her how to quilt.   

2 comments:

Blessed Rain said...

Great detail! What a fun and creative group!

Will Murdoch said...

I'd love for you to teach me how to quilt! Too bad we don't live closer. The shoe squares are darling.