The new quilt I have been working on is a "shoe" quilt. Twenty women in my quilting group all making 20 squares of different shoes. In August we will all trade patches and have a potluck. Last year this group did "houses" and the result was amazing. Everyone is so creative which is why quilting is so much fun. By the time I joined red heels had already been taken. I considered Barbie shoes but then settled on my favorite pair of "shoes" since moving to Alaska. The house slipper. Here is the pair I traced to make the pattern.
This quilt is for Hailey and she liked the slipper with the hole. But most of my quilting group liked it without the hole.
Since I am also making pillows to match, the other women are giving me their templates or even their practice patches to use. Here is a cute cowboy boot donated by one of my friends. The tag on the back of the quilt will be horse shoes- Hailey's favorite kind of shoes.
Although I have HUGE misgivings about starting a second project before the first is done- here is the other project I am working on. A tablerunner for Halloween. Our quilting group had a "Sew til you're silly" night. We got to together at 7:00 pm on a Friday night and sewed until midnight. We all brought treats. Mine were donut holes which I made from scratch then dropped all over the parking lot. While they bounced off me and all around me, my heart just sunk. Do you know how much time it takes to make donut holes from scratch? They were still hot and greasy. Fortunately, I had to test a couple while making them to make sure they were done inside so I got just a few.
4 comments:
wow that is really a cool idea! love it!
Love the slipper's, I even like the hole.
Your block is really cute! I love it!
Love your quilt.It is realy cute. Have you finished?
Post a Comment