Last week at the library Hailey checked out 15 books. Sounds crazy, but she has read most of them. She read two books last night in bed when she was supposed to be sleeping. A couple of the books are reference books for Alaskan plants and animals. I thought it was odd when she checked them out. However, she as lead botanist and Nate as an assistant have identified plants while we have walked the dogs. They draw the plants in a little book and read about them. Some of the information has been useful- they each had to take a bath using Pineapple Weed to make it soothing and relaxing. Both claimed it worked. I can now identify Shepard's Purse, Elder, Chiming Bells, Pineapple weed and much more because my children taught me. The next time we go the library I won't think twice about what she checks out.
My favorite quote: Nate to Eric "Dad, I think you should quit drinking Dt. Mt. Dew." Dad: "Why?" Nate: "Because then you could have a full head of hair like mine."
If only it were that easy.
4 comments:
ha ha ha! That is hilarious!!!
We miss you guys so much! Carter said his birthday wasn't the same without Nate. It looks like you're having so much fun. I just hope you don't decide to never come back.
Oh you better come back! This post is so funny! Tell Hailey that she's going to need to tell me what all the plants are when I come to Alaska one day. ;O)
Hey, it's worth a shot...
Post a Comment