Saturday, February 24, 2024

What True Commitment Looks Like

 Sometimes, I do things that aggravate my hubby and probably make him wonder why he married me 25 years ago.  Today, I gave him that opportunity once again.  My dryer lint trap was sticking up in one corner and wouldn't push down.  Vacuuming it didn't help.  So armed with a wooden stick, I was able to work some lint out, but I dropped the stick into the vent.  My next tool of choice was a red rubber spatula, which after a few attempts to pull out the wooden stick with it, I dropped into the vent. Now the vent has a bunch of lint, a wooden stick, and a red spatula.  I'm a little discouraged but my next choice of tools were chopsticks,  a plastic hanger, and last a wooden spatula.  Now the wooden stick and the red spatula have disappeared from sight into the lint trap.  My hubby was a having a peaceful time watching tv and just enjoying his weekend, when his wife interrupted him for help. 

He peeked in the lint trap and tried to convince me just to  put the trap back in and run the dryer with a wooden stick and a plastic spatula in it.  But the corner still stuck up, I knew those items were in there and I happen to like the red spatula.  I have no idea why I have this little wooden stick.  So he pulls out a screwdriver and pulls the whole lint trap off.  I am now able to reach in and pull out the dropped items. And because I'm a little shorter,  it's easier for me to fit my upper body in the dryer, so I put it back together.  

We laugh about a little while later and that's when I think about what true commitment looks like.  My hubby could care less about a cleaning a lint trap and he didn't really want to take time out of his relaxation to figure how to solve a mess I made, but he did and that is true commitment.  



No comments: