Thursday, January 5, 2012
Our Anniversary
Eric and I celebrated our 13th anniversary by spending time as a family. We have a small tradition of painting pottery together occasionally. While we painted pottery, Eric was the only man in the place beside the owner who graciously gave him a tour of the back to see the mud, molds and kiln. I love the fact that Eric will do these things with us.
We visited the ice sculptures which were really cute this year. We did a little bit of shopping, had lunch together and headed home. Eric was worried that our anniversary had been a bit boring but for me, it was perfect. Hailey I talked about how we would be so quiet and boring without Eric and Nate. They bring the laughter to our home and keep us on our toes. Eric often surprises me.
This Christmas he waited until all the presents had been passed out then said he had one more. He took a packet of papers off the tree and handed them to me. As I took off the bow and started to open them I was thinking about pedicures, manicures, facials, and trying to decide what spa treatment I would get. But when I opened the packet it said "Introductory Flying Lesson". I started laughing and asked him if he was serious and he was. So he made me laugh and surprised me all at once. That is what I love about him. It is also why 13 years have flown by so quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment